Are you the new R&D engineer Seafar is looking for?
At Seafar, being an R&D engineer means you’re responsible for writing and inventing code and new algorithms. You will be part of a project that is pushing the state-of-the-art frontiers in autonomous shipping using cameras, radar & ais sensors.
- Cooperate in a team of highly skilled R&D engineers to develop autonomous shipping applications
- Automate inland navigation using Computer Vision, Radar Tracking & Fusion algorithms
- Develop algorithms to give Traffic Controllers/Captains the tools to safely navigate multiple vessels simultaneously
- Manage R&D research projects in cooperation with consortium partners
- You'll work from our office in Charleroi
Does this sounds like you?
- Experience in developing of .Net Core/Blazor applications
- Familiar with Python/C++ & Linux/Docker
- Strong knowledge in data structures & drafting efficient algorithms
- All the basic requirements of a good software engineer (CI/CD, best coding practices, scalable software development, unit testing, knowledge networking, ...)
- Fluent in French & English.
- Interest in Machine Learning/Computer Vision
- A Master's degree in Computer Science (Civil/Industrial Engineering) or similar is a big plus
- You like taking charge and have good communication and social skills
What’s their offer?
Seafar is the only technology and service company within the autonomous shipping sector that is commercially operating at scale. By joining Seafar you would:
- Be accelerating your career at an innovative and unique maritime tech company in full growth mode, with lots of exciting challenges to crack
- Work on building from the ground up the technology and service company transforming the shipping industry
- Get offered a salary tailored to your needs (employee or self-employed)
- Making an impact in collaboration with a team of enthusiastic and determined colleagues just like you
- Be celebrating many industry firsts – ever landed on the moon? That’s how it feels like when working at Seafar!
Don't hesitate to apply! Get on board because Seafar needs you over here!